Can’t make it to your lesson in person?
At The Yamamoto Music Studio, we have an option!
• 5 Steps for a successful ONLINE LESSON •
1. App or Program? Establish what you will use: FaceTime of Skype. Exchange information with your teacher via his/her email an hour or two before the lesson is to begin and email an image of your most recent assignment to your teacher.
2. Be ready! Set up 5 minutes before your lesson start time. This means:
- Use the bathroom
- Make sure ALL of your materials are ready and in front of you (lesson book, pencil, sheet music, theory book, etc.)
- Check your email to make sure you received the most recent communication from your teacher
- Get your assignment and instrument ready
3. Camera Angle. This should be the view a teacher has from his/her standpoint during an in-person lesson. This means the camera may need to be propped up so that the teacher can see your face AND hands in the camera’s view.
4. Call. Wait for your teacher to call you – he/she may be a minute or two behind, so please be a little bit patient!
5. Follow-Up. Check your email at the completion of your lesson for the recent assignment from your teacher. Please then PRINT and bring it with you to your next lesson.